On This Page:
Letter To StudentsDownload: POS Explanation Student Letter.doc This letter clearly identifies what it takes to become a ‘qualified’ student to receive the free college credits. By annually sharing this letter, students and parents will learn what they can achieve if the student works hard in your program and succeeds.
- Download this letter
- Revise it onto your letterhead
- Identify by name who they contact to receive the required documents
- Annually distribute the letter to all students in POS programs
Help students learn which colleges accept their credit in which majorsHow to find colleges and free credits offered:
- Scroll over to the Search tab at the top of the page
- Scroll down and click on PA BUREAU OF CTE SOAR PROGRAMS
- Step 1: Using the dropdown box, select your high school Program of Study by title or CIP Code
- Step 2: Select the student’s graduation year
- Click the Search button
- A list of colleges will appear with the courses available for no cost and the majors that accept these credits at the college.
Find all the POS paperwork the career and technical education (CTE) program needs to complete in one easy location
- Search first by CIP code/POS name then by year the student graduates.
- Download the pdf file.
- After completing the paperwork for each eligible student, save a copy and print it out.
- The instructor must sign as well as well as a locally designated representative of your school.
- Provide these materials to the student so that they can forward them to the college where they have applied with the other materials identified in the student letter.